You’ve probably noticed that the internet is a massive place packed full of information. Many of us spend countless hours looking through articles and browsing information that isn’t valuable to us. It can be difficult to find the best content out there when the volume is just so high.
The nature of the internet also makes it very difficult to focus. Distractions are abundant and it’s so easy to get lost in a trail of things that are completely unrelated to what we’re supposed to be doing. The average attention span is now literally less than a goldfish. A good way to combat this is to develop great browsing habits that stop you from getting distracted.
Whether you’re looking for online business ideas or for a way to get started with blogging, i’ve decided to compile a list of useful content I’ve come across recently.
There are websites that consistently stand out in terms of quality and actionable, valuable content that will really help you drive results in whatever you’re doing and I’ll be sharing some great resources with you today.
Looking To Start An Online Business?
There has truly never been a better time to start an internet business. The advancement of technology coupled with the sheer variety of opportunities available at the moment makes for a wonderful landscape that is packed full of business opportunity.
Some things to bear in mind before jumping into any business venture:
- Make sure you can dedicate enough time to build it out into something that will make money for you. There’s no point spending two hours a week on something. Side businesses can be great but you still need to put the work in.
- You head needs to be in the right place. If you’re coming from an “opportunity seeker” mindset, you’ll jump between different business opportunities and succeed at none of them. You need to pick something and stick with it until you get results. Stay laser focused and dedicated to your choice and be consistent with your work.
- Don’t pick something you hate. This is quite an obvious one but I feel like I just need to put it out there! Everything in your business will be so much harder if you don’t enjoy working in it. Granted, you won’t be having the time of your life with any business venture (especially when you’re just starting out) but at least try to go for something you have a vested interest in.
Here are my best business idea resources:
Business Ideas With Low Investment (Bengu Marketing)
100 Business Ideas You Can Start Today (Entrepreneur Handbook)
25 Business Ideas You Can Launch Whilst Working Full-Time (Inc.com)
101 Small Business Ideas (The Balance)
50 Business Ideas You Can Start At University (SaveTheStudent)
Business Ideas For Women (Bengu Marketing)
Looking To Start Your Very Own Blog?
Blogging is seen as just a hobby for so many people when it can be so much more. Thousands of people all over the world use their blog to generate a passive income stream that allows them to live a life of freedom and flexibility.
Things to bear in mind before jumping into blogging:
- Starting and ranking a website will take time. Creating content and hitting publish doesn’t mean people will automatically see it. Getting traffic to your site will be the hardest part of blogging.
- Blogging is a long game. It’ll take a while for you to get good at writing (unless you’re already amazing) and be able to produce the quality of content that people want to share with their friends and family.
- Blogging has a low barrier of entry but also a low percentage of people actually making money. Blogging is easy to get into but though to master. You have to be dedicated to the cause if you want to be in the top 10% of earners online.
Here are some amazing blogging resources for getting yourself started:
How To Make Money Blogging (Problogger)
How To Create a Blog In 20 Minutes (Start Blogging Online)
19 Things You Should Know Before You Start Blogging (Blog Tyrant)
The Ultimate Guide To Starting a Blog (Art Of Blog)
How To Monetise Your Blog (WikiHow)